You can climb big things!
Does this sound like you?
- You climb with men a lot and wonder if there are different strategies that will help you as a woman. You know women and men are wired differently, but wonder how can you use that to your advantage to be a better climber. (Hint: your hormones play a role!)
- You sent your first 5.10a last week and this week the same climb scares the crap out of you! What happened?
- You keep getting told to use your feet more when you climb but you just don’t get what that means. Help?
- You aren’t 100% confident in your belaying and you want to be a better climbing partner.
- You feel stuck at a grade and can’t figure out what you need to do to get yourself to the next level.
- You’re either too hungry or too full when you climb and need some hints on how to tailor your nutrition to get stronger and healthier maximizing your female physiology.
We’ve got you covered.
Push your climbing limits by addressing the challenges and opportunities of being a female climber. This program includes both a classroom discussion and a climbing gym session. Learn how hormone fluctuations, how you eat, the social side of climbing, and what scares you about climbing influence your progress from a women’s hormonal health and nutritional consultant. Then put these new strategies and climbing techniques into practice on the wall with a climbing gym instructor.
Your Time and Monetary Investment:
$141 for Elevation Place members
$176 for non-members
4 Sessions from 6:30-9:00 pm
April 12, 17, 19 and 24, 2017
We begin in the classroom and finish in the climbing gym.
Want in? Here’s what to do next:
You must have the following equipment: harness, shoes, belay device and have completed the top rope belay or the lead belay test at Elevation Place prior to the course start. Open to women who are top-roping 5.7 to women who are leading 5.11 (or higher) who want to improve their climbing skills with some new tactics and support. The course is ideally suited for women 18-50 years-old.
To register, call or visit the Customer Service Desk at Elevation Place in Canmore:
403-678-8920; 700 Railway Ave., Canmore, Alberta.
To register online go to https://recreation.canmore.ca/CANMORE/public/category/browse/CLIMBADLTREG. Click on WOMEN ROCK then click Search.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact Cindy here.